Signed in as:
An Anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen such as food substances or insect stings. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death. This training is for qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders to enable them to recognise and treat anaphylaxis safely and effectively. This course is suitable for all First Aiders and healthcare professionals,
as well as those in a high risk environment where such medication is available.
We offer a variety of learning options to fit your timetable and learning style.
This is a classroom-based course of 6 contact hours. Depending on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme. At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
Describe life-threatening problems associated with the:
This qualification lasts for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.